Like you, I learned business leadership on the job.
We understand you small business founders, owners, and team leads.
I’ve lived the challenges of:
- Economic turmoil
- Huge competitors
- Shifting markets
- And, always, the humans we're working for and with
Challenges our small business clients face
- Decision making in complex, ambiguous situations
- Current disruption of demand, staff, and cash flow
- Leadership of self and team for high performance, integrity and humanity
- Long-term growth of demand, revenue and profitability
Solutions the Humane Leadership Institute offers
Free tools and teaching
- Leading in a Crisis article on finding your bearings and next right actions in ambiguity and volatility
- A tool for clarifying your cash situation in a crisis and orienting on a path forward
- Tools for supporting strategic decisions - the Turning Hindrances into Advantages and Dependency Tree Wisdom Jigs
- Other Wisdom Jig thinking tools to address performance, earning influence, and leadership
- Insights into the current state of affairs and next steps leaders can take
- Chapter 1 of Humane Leadership, our new book - join our email list and we'll send you a link
Advisory & facilitation of your work
- Strategic decision making process support
- Performance improvement
- Team alignment and momentum building
- Development of emerging leaders
- Transformation of leadership and company culture
Training for effective leadership customized to your team, situation and culture
- Earning influence in the marketplace and with your team
- Improving performance
- Optimizing for profits, growth or freedom
Who is Stephen Sloan?
I have founded and run businesses in the .
- Thirty years of small business leadership experience as an executive and board member in B2B distribution, office supplies, online and print marketing, software, and consulting industries.
- Financial advisory board for a $15MM omni-channel retailer through 2008 financial crisis.
- Successfully navigated 1990-91, 2000 and September 2001 financial crises as small business owner and investor.
- I’ve worked with small business founders and teams ranging from e-commerce, quilt patterns, crime lab management software, to K-12 private schools and college programs.
- Consultant to Global 1000 technology and distribution firms.
- Author of the book, Humane Leadership