This is the first of an intended series of weekly updates of my own efforts to figure out what to do in these extraordinary times.
I start with the actions I decided to take and explain the orientations and observations that led to my choosing those actions.
My goal is to show the method at work while supporting your work by sharing what I have found and am thinking.
- Share my process and tools
- Host leaders in conversation - list of upcoming events
- Local recovery
- Humane Leadership Open Forums
- Share my process with you via these posts.
- Is this helpful? Please let me know here.
- Make new offers
- Look for opportunities for leadership within arm's reach
These Actions are based on my,
- Avoid personal financial challenges
- Earn influence by
- Connecting with people in the community
- Discovering their needs and offering to help
- Being visible by aligning with citizens, City, Chamber of Commerce, businesses, landlords.
- Federal resources PPP
- Criteria for reopening America
- Testing plans - left to the states
Ashland and Southern Oregon
This Orientation is based on my,
- Virus understanding still emerging
- Recovery and occurrence
- Demand observations
- Walking in town
- My own personal purchasing
- Talk with staff and other customers as I am grocery shopping
- Talk with restaurant workers who are offering take out
- PPP funding and logistics - inequity, local banks were efficient
- Senate not supporting states and cities
- Damage - dominoes starting to fall -
- Opportunistic actions
- Externalities -
- City of Ashland - actions taken and to be taken
- Reading The Great Depression: A Diary by Benjamin Roth
About The Methodology
Leading in a crisis post explores this methodology (OODA loops) in detail